I use this in my own sewing room and it is amazing how much more space I have; how organized my room is; and especially, how much money I save.
This takes a few hours so pour yourself a nice tall glass of sweet tea and go to work.
- Purchasing several clear plastic storage bins. I like the clear ones so I can see through it. Number each of them on the outside with big-bold numbers.
- Make several copies of my fabric inventory sheets ,which are attached:http://organizedhome.com/printable/fabric-organizer/notebook-page
- Have a yard stick on hand.
- Take each piece of fabric and measure the width and length and record it on your inventory sheet. Record the fiber content if you know what it is
- Cut off a 2" x 2" square of fabric and staple it on the inventory sheet next to the discription.
- Put your fabric in a storage bin and record the number of the bin on the inventory sheet next to all the information.
- When you get all of your fabric pieces logged, put all your inventory sheets in a notebook.
The next time you need fabric, shop in YOUR store first. It is amazing how you forget that you have a fabric when it is not visable. With everything so organized, you can find it in a second just by looking in the right numbered storage bin.